Last Sunday I performed in the’Bruce hall talent show’. I entered the competition along with five other fellow ‘brucie’ as a hip-hop dance group called ‘Bru Cru’. It’s the first time I performed in to such music and learning the routine was something completely out of my comfort zone which made it all the more entertaining to do. There were four guys and three girls, my alter ego as ‘G-Pop’ - very gangster! We also made a video where we all recorded dancing and introducing ourselves, my opening statement way: “There aint no stopping the g stop popping G-Pop”. It was played to a good number of the student residents here - it was hilarious!!
The past few weeks have been very much involved learning some dancing. The week before I began this hip-hop project I went to Latin-American club for some salsa. I learnt how to salsa. I started off pretty bad then worked myself into a true performing artist, teaching all my female partners the moves I was the man. So, now that I’ve learnt the basic moves maybe I can use them in them in the future, an incredibly valuable asset I think!
Last wek I also entered a business plan competition. It seems like it will consume some of my time but these are the things I should be getting involved with. Not only do I gain experience in business, I see new things, hear new ideas and meet inspirational people! Plus there’s a 45k prize (bit of an incentive!)
No comments:
Post a Comment